Take a pleasant walk, look, listen and enjoy
The gates of the Veenland Nature Park are more than just throughways. They are every one of them top attractions offering many experiences. The ’Veenpoort Natuur’ Gate is situated opposite the Veenloopcentrum Wetland Walking Centre and the Nature Information Centre.
Once through the gate you can take a pleasant walk, look, listen and enjoy to your heart’s content.
- Go on one of the guided walks through the unique Bargerveen wetland.
- Listen to stories of hidden cultural treasures.
- Learn how the pioneers of the wetlands lived in their shacks and turf houses.
- Find out what the Franciscan nuns did in this remote area.
- Enjoy a Drentse krentenstoet, the region’s popular currant bun, in a cozy inn.
- Spend a night in the former presbytery.